Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dear Friends

Dear Friends,

After being hospitalized for a week, I am extremely grateful to be home with my children. We are back to homeschooling, lots of fun moments, laughter and cuddles!!!

Wow. I missed them.

Now I am back to planning my move in November, my trip to New York in the Spring and a more permanent move out West in a year. I seriously thought that doors had closed for good, but as it turns out, G-d had other amazing plans! So glad that my heart knew this, because I felt so much peace.

Being at the hospital was a bit scary this time around. I even gave my email, Facebook, and banking passwords to two trustworthy relatives, in case something happened to me, so they could access them and handle them as I had requested.

A prank sort of ruined the whole "idea" and well... now that passwords have been changed, I learned my lesson. As believers we must guard our testimony, even when that means keeping our distance from people we love very much. One thing you never joke around is someone's trust. Little pranks take a whole new meaning when it involves damage to someone's personal testimony. Huge no-no.
All that said, no hard feelings. All forgiven.

Going back to being at home, I am busy being a mom, living for my King of Kings and looking forward to the changes. After much prayer I have decided that we are downgrading to a two bedroom condo. VERY small, but brand new in a NICER sister community that also has a lake, a marina, NATURE all around, an awesome pool and a SUPER COOL gym. I can't do much, but the doctor wants me to do controlled steady walking on a treadmill, and that gym has lots of those.

Someone this past week asked me a very delicate question.

For those of you who still do not know this, I suffer from hypokalemic periodic paralysis and I don't walk very straight. I limp.
I can probably walk 50 steps without limping (in a lot of pain) but other than that it's THUMP... THUMP...THUMP... the rest of the time. For those of you who know this about me already, I thank you for loving me as I am. For those of you who have never seen me in "action", hugs are welcomed, but no stares. LOL!

Back when I was younger I did modeling and gymnastics and life was by all means "normal" but a few years back this debilitating condition sort of took over, and now I walk kind of funny. Some days are better than others and believe it or not, I have days when I can actually jog and walk somewhat normal, but those days don't usually last long.

I encourage any of you out there to research this condition as it is rarely known and it is considered a muscular dystrophy, since they have yet to find a medication that will regress muscle damage. They are testing one recently, but I would have to travel to another state to partake of the study before it ends, and I just don't see myself going anywhere far right now. Being in the hospital this long made me realize that I can't just take off without my kids. I think that I would go literally nuts without them.

Anyways...G-d is awesome and life is good!
I am back to those moments of peace in the early morning hours when I can sit in my cuddly chair by the lamp to read His Word, pray and mediate in Him with a cup of fruity herbal tea nearby. It's as if He is there, holding me in His arms, cuddling me and loving me and wow... nothing else out there can top that. Nothing.

I am in love with my King of Kings and L-rd of L-rds and I am glad to be home.
True that He held me through it all at the hospital, but frankly, there is no place like home. You all know that.

I thank you all for your wonderful prayers and I am looking forward to fellowship at my place this week with those of you who will be coming over for dinner, prayer and praise! Can hardly wait!
To those friends who live a bit far, I PROMISE to meet you in person one day. When our friends also believe in eternal life with G-d, that promise is literally impossible to break. :o)

Much love,
Rose