Sunday, January 23, 2011

Give G-d What's Right... Not What's Left!



I just saw a promotion for a Christian thing known as "Extreme Nights" and I think I want to hurl now. They could've at least worked more on the poster if this was such a Christ oriented promotion. They claim the environment to be "Cristocentrico" and ANYONE who is into G-d would not think so from just looking at the ad. Wow. Very stupid. Let me tell you how this REALLY reads out, not only to me but to others who saw it.

"Are you tired of being a Christian and not being able to go to places like discos and parties? Well, we now have an alternative for you! You can come and dance to Christian music at a billiard. We won't sell you alcohol, but we WILL promote it with Budweiser signs on the walls. Don't worry though, because it is a positive "Christian" setting. Positive music that praises G-d but sounds so much like worldly music, you won't even be able to tell the difference! So come! Come and be sucked in by a secular environment in a "positive" Christian setting!"

Did you all get that? LOL!!!

Here is what I know. What I know is that you cannot call something secular a christian event.
If you want to dance... dance to secular music.
Not to Christian music.
Am I making sense here?
They can call me every name in the book if they want... but I'm not cool with this. I showed this to several friends and they were not only shocked, but nauseated.
Let's see what the word of G-d says, shall we?

"I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or hot. So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of my mouth. Because you say, 'I am rich, and have gotten riches, and have need of nothing;' and don't know that you are the wretched one, miserable, poor, blind, and naked; I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, that you may become rich; and white garments, that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes, that you may see.
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent."

Revelations 3: 15-19


But they won't listen. Not even when G-d has told them over and over again to get rid of their apathy. G-d loves them, but they obviously don't love Him enough.
They love themselves more.

FYI: You don't need "alternative" entertainment.
You see, as a believer you SHOULD KNOW that you were set APART by G-d to do HIS WILL on Earth.
Are you bored?
Really?
Do you want a Christ centered environment?
Here... let me give you a few ideas on what to do on Sunday afternoons:

1. Visit the sick.
2. Feed the hungry.
3. Minister to those in jail.
4. Gather with other believers and enjoy fellowship time together at someone's house. (I did that yesterday and it was awesome!)
5. Hey! You can even grab your Bible and walk around your neighborhood and minister to those families close to you.
6. Better yet! Have family night! Go to a bowling alley or take the kids out for ice cream! If money is an issue, then take out the board games and sit around the table for fun family game night!
Hey! They even have dance video games and Band Hero...
I have both and I monitor my children with it, not allowing them to play any music that I understand has any content that could be detrimental to their spiritual upbringing.
When they got their Band Hero this year, I realized that they were only allowed to play 5 songs like ABC and the Kung Fu Panda songs.
After all, your first ministry is your family, in case you didn't know.
If you are in your teens... you can still partake in all of the above.
Too boring?
You want music and you want to dance in an environment that looks like the "real" secular thing?
By all means... go ahead.
Nobody is stopping you.

Oh... wait.
I thought that's what parents were for.
Ooops!
LOL!!!
To all the G-dly parents out there, thank you.
To all the indifferent parents out there... boundaries are good.

I know I'll have my "moments" with my kids. They are bound to get rebellious at some point and I know that. Trust me. I really do.
When the time comes, G-d will give me wisdom and who knows... they might end up wandering for a bit until they find their way back.
That is just reality.
However, our job is NOT to THROW them out there ourselves, ya know!
Our job is to lead the way so that if they go astray they can find their way back to G-d. Don't leave bread crumbs like Hansel and Gretel. Leave FRUITS! Fruits of the Spirit! Leave them EVERYWHERE so that they can follow those back to G-d in case they decide to get a taste of the world for a while.
Stuff that tastes a bit too much like "the world" will only train them to think that it's all good. Well, why would they be able to do that and not the other?
We live in this world and such things may be hard to avoid, but as parents we can certainly censor anything that just isn't right.

There isn't much of a differenceThe Budweiser sign is still going to be up there when the "christian music" is playing... and when they're not listening to "christian music" it might just be alright to drink one!
Here is a pic taken by one of my students who went to this thing.



Looks innocent enough. Pretty dark in the corners, alcohol propaganda on the walls... you feeling it yet?
Careful, careful...
Satan is a liar.
He likes to make ungodly things look really tasty.




Wow. I went ahead and blurred out the address and the phone number.
Que pantalones tiene la gente y que falta de respeto tan brutal hacia un Dios tan santo.

Yeshua is on His way.
Se supone que el mundo nos imite a nosotros los creyentes. No los creyentes al mundo.
Sad.
Very, very sad.