Friday, June 24, 2011

E-mail Code of Ethics...

It baffles me how many people have tons of people on their email accounts, but don't group them.

Several friends wondered why I answered e-mails right away.
What kind of a question is that?

I'm no procrastinator. I am also not THAT SPECIAL that I have to make people wait for an answer.
I forwarded my group of family and friends (a total of 31) to my text messaging so that I can respond via text messaging promptly after receiving their emails. Business and other matters can wait, and trust me... they won't be offended. 

Just wondering if I'm missing something here... you know... some email ethics I haven't heard of yet?
Am I supposed to respond to an email a week or two later?
Is that how it's done?
Isn't that... rude?
So when my friends from South Bend wrote to me and I wrote back right away, they were a bit shocked... you know... like, "Whoah! Nobody answers emails that quickly."
I had a friend from Arizona who was wondering the same thing, and I had to basically explain I categorize  group contacts and forward emails. It's pretty simple.
 Ladies and gentlemen... it's called common courtesy. That's all I'm trying to say here.

A quick, "I'll get back to you as soon as I get home" or "Hi! Nice to hear from you! Will write more later. Kind of busy." are already plugged into my quick responses. My favorite one that I use a lot is, "Nice! Glad to hear from you. Have a blessed day!"

So, why bother when others don't?

Simple answer.

 If you're on my VIP list, it's because you are important to me.
If you contact me... please don't be shocked if I respond right away.
Why be surprised?
That's kind of preposterous. Don't you think? LOL