Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Bat Mitzvah Girl

All I have to say is that it turned out better than we expected. We had 15 guests in total and although small and intimate, it was beautiful in all of its simplicity.
Claudia was so happy! She just glowed. My parents bought her a Torah scroll and she was so excited! We did the ceremony as a family because Claudia's birthday always falls too close to Pesach, so synagogues are mega booked with special activities and churches are mega booked with Easter plans.
I have to say that the experience was so uplifting that we felt the presence of G-d so strong! Two people came to know the L-rd after Claudia's message, and wow! To think that G-d totally took over is just awesome!
Claudia preached about how ordinary people can do extraordinary things when they decide to follow G-d, and so her message was based on the story of Ruth.
It took her like a month to research and pray and ask me for a bit of help here and there, but she did most of it and frankly, it left us all in awe! Wow!
It was testimony after testimony and HaShem was glorified!
We had set a place for Him at our table, and we just knew that He was there in person.
The way everything turned out, G-d was in the center of it all! Hallelujah.
Dad cried... a lot, and after crying he decided to preach a sermon! I have it on video, but have not posted it yet. I will do that after Pesach.
G-d is awesome. Simply awesome!
My princess loved her Bat Mitzvah! I am such a proud mommy!