Friday, April 8, 2011

Visual Styles

Choosing "pic styles" for Claudia's birthday has proven to be a bit of a challenge. My sweet daughter is into her "classic retro mode.
Therefore she has requested that all of her pictures be in black and white.
Of course, this decision of hers had me pulling my hairs out of my head, because a Spring birthday is colorful and full of life! To take black and white pictures would be to literally "kill" the momentum.

Well, thanks to the digital era, we were able to compromise.

She can have her black and white pics once they have been edited, and I can have my colorful ones! Yay!.

We are going retro either way. The color technique we requested is known as vintage style. The pictures are supposed to look as though they were taken back in the 70's. Therefore they will be more fuzzy than sharp, more worn out than anything.