Saturday, May 28, 2011

E=mc2

Ok.
So now at home my son has decided that he is going to build a small scale time machine and prove that Einstein's theory of relativity...E=MC2, is REAL.

I, of course, get all excited when he is in "physics mode" and decide to show him this video, and wow... his response?

"I already knew that Mom. What I want to do is find a way to speed photons to the point of stopping time altogether making it possible to travel from one point to another. What seems like years to you will only be seconds to me."

... and so this is the part when I start quietly freaking out.
Ricardo is smart for his age... but I am his teacher and I have not taught him a thing about photons yet.
His obsession with dinosaurs could have a lot to do with his obsession with time travel, and the whole antimatter talk?
Geez.

LOL!.
Ok then.
Time to take him to a basketball game and get him a bit distracted!
My kid needs to be a kid before he starts building a time machine! LOL!