Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm A Budget Oriented Mommy, So...

I JUST MADE THESE! Do you like them? :D
When I realized that the material that went into making luminaries was just plain old paper, I shoved the whole idea of buying expensive kits aside, and decided to put my crafty self to work.
I admit that I have a love affair with Dollar Tree and Deals. Yes.
I am a bargain shopper and I admit it! So when I saw that the LED luminaries (that were round instead of square, but who cares!) were only a dollar each, I had to put this mind of mine to work!
Ok... ready for this?
TISSUE PAPER $1
Window Clings $1
LED Luminaries $1 each

Getting the exact designs that we wanted for Claudia's Spring Birthday?
Priceless!

Grand total for my home made luminaries (which look so much prettier than the ones they have online)...
$30.00 (thirty dollars)

Price for luminaries online? $60 per kit... and I needed like 3 in total. You do the math!
Not only that! Ohhhh G-d is soooo good to me! Yay!
But I was able to find the ice buckets that we wanted, with dragon flies, bees and sunflowers! LOL!!!
Price?
$1 each, of course!

Wow! This is when I start singing, "This little light of mine... I'm gonna let it shine! Let it shine! Let it shine! Let it shine!"
Yeah!