Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hospital Sleepover

So... I usually take my kids to work on the weekends, and they don't mind. They like it there because they do quite a bit of school work, read their books, watch movies and once I am done we head out to Sea World for a couple of hours.

This weekend was different.
As we got ready to leave the resort I knew that we wouldn't be going to Sea World.

To make a long story short, I tried to be brave and drive home in pain figuring that perhaps I just needed rest, but I didn't make it. As soon as I hit 192, I drove as fast as I could to Celebration Hospital.

My kids know when their mommy is not doing too good, but hey, I do all that I can to keep a smile on my face, crack jokes and make it funny even though it's not.

Yeah. We were in the ER from 4 p.m. yesterday until this morning and the nurses, who know me by now, kept my kids super pampered and entertained. My pookies actually had fun through it all. They had books, crayons, movies, pizza (yeah!), and they each had a recliner chair parked right in front of the t.v. with a blanket and munchies. By the time it was 11 p.m. they were fast asleep, and the nurses took turns keeping an eye on them while I had all sorts of tests done.

Turns out I have another tumor.
Oh well.

The story of my life, so here is the plan.

I'll take my kids to see the ocean because we have lived in Florida for 11 years and we have only been to the beach once.
We take it all in.
The sunset.
The sand.
The sea.

We pray and we play and take tons of pictures. Claudia will go to that skateboard park she has been dying to go to, and Ricardo will experience a REAL pirate ship adventure, and hopefully the memories will last them a lifetime.

I know it's not Toledo, Spain or Israel. It's not a beautiful canyon in Sedona or a historical journey in Williamsburg, Virginia...

It's just St. Augustine, Florida.

But hey... it will still be beautiful because anytime that I spend with my children is precious.