Monday, October 11, 2010

Passing Out and Wannabe Mexican Food

Last Thursday while having dinner with my children, I passed out. It was very scary to them. All I remember is waking up on the floor. At that point I could hear my daughter talking to a 911 dispatcher who was asking her questions.

As usual, the ambulance got there, took me to Osceola Regional and after spending the night, I was sent home. This was a short stay.
Scary stuff.
I feel really bad for my kids. They didn't have to see that.

All I've done since I've been home is act as normal as I possibly can. Lot's of laughs and cuddles, homeschool, going out... yes, I'm back to driving. The doctor said that I could after a couple of days. You see, my condition can cause a lot of things, but this fainting episode was triggered by lack of oxygen because although I felt it coming, I decided to ignore all the signs and continue with my meal.
Hypokalemia begins with numbness and although it was already happening, I was just not wanting to deal with it.

So when I am driving, I can feel it coming on, so I have enough time to pull over and make a quick call before it gets really bad.
This is one of the reasons why highways and interstates are not my friends.

Today my cousing Taihiti visited all the way from New York with her kids and it was a fun day. They got in the pool and then afterwards, I took my kids to Chipotle, Ben & Jerry's and Books A Million.

Had never been to Chipotle's.
Will never go to Chipotle's again.
My mouth was on fire and although I don't have an issue with spicy food, this was spicy yucky food.
This is like the Burger King of Mexican food.
Just gross. Eww.

That's all I have to say. LOL!