Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Bridge? NO WAY... OH NO WAY!!!

As most of you already know, I am terrified of highways and heights.
So much so, that I rarely travel and I NEVER fly. It took a bit of courage to drive all the way to Jacksonville.

Well, this is what happened to me today.
As I was headed to the zoo with the kids, I was paying more attention to the water around us than to what was out in the horizon.

Suddenly I hear Claudia shout, "MOM! Look at the cool bridge!"

As I looked at this thing and at the signs that said, "NO STOPPING ON BRIDGE" I freaked out. I was at the point of no return, and there was no way out of it!!!
I did my best to keep my kids from noticing that I entered my "panic" zone, but it was useless. The tears were already streaming down my face and I could barely breathe!
Prayed the whole way through this thing!
I knew that my car was not powerful enough to make it up that tall steep bridge! I turned off the a/c to see if I could give things a bit more power... but it was torment. My kids started asking me why I was crying and I just could barely talk. In all truth I think that I was about to faint when I finally saw the other side. LOL.

My only words to them were, "Just trying to get across... that's all."

OH MY GOSH!!!!
Needless to say, we got back home on the ferry.