Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jax Vacation Day 3: St. Augustine!


Today we decided to go to St. Augustine and do it all! We visited the Castillo de San Marco, the Menendez Fort, the Colonial Spanish Quarter and the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum of Oddities!
After all the History we went back to the condo and took a little break before going to the skate park so that Claudia could use her rip stick to her heart's content. Ricardo's reaction was priceless when he saw the park.
"Mom! She's going to kill herself! These are literally holes deep into the ground! They look like empty swimming pools! MOM!!!"

My reaction to his paranoia?
I kept myself cool, calm and collected... on the outside.
On the inside I was truly freaking out.

She had all the gear on and all, but these "whatever you call them" were pretty deep, so I was totally glad when the dude in charge told her that she should start at the "free style" section. Claudia was a bit upset because she wanted to do it all, but I was not ready. All I kept seeing were kids all over the place disappearing after dropping into one of them holes, and that was just too much for me to handle. She finally convinced me to let her go down the infamous "snake pit" and I agreed but prayed the entire time.

She did good.
With more practice I am sure that she could take on the half pipe, no sweat.

Ok. Had trouble with the blogger pic uploader, so I decided that the quickest way was to let Movie Maker do it's thing. It's not as good as I would've wanted it to be because I set it up for "auto movie", but it will do for now.

WE HAD FUN TODAY!!!