Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Going to St. Augustine, Newport News, Virginia and Washington D.C!!

Holy cow.

My vacation is going to be soooo incredibly busy!
Here is the thing...

As it turns out, I am going to Jacksonville to visit my sister at the base, but on my way we are making a small stop in St. Augustine to visit the beach, the fort and the Historic District.

So done with that, I have to go with Lee to Newport News, Virginia to get Sandra's car at the base over there. Lee will come back to Jacksonville and I will stay in Virginia to go to Colonial Williamsburg and while I'm at it, drive to Washington D.C. for a tour with the kids.

Wow.
Am I going to be able to do that in one week and drive back and make it on time???

Oh my gosh.
Is that going to be possible?

Sheesh... I really need to think about this. I was kinda hoping for a relaxing week in St. Augustine, but Sandra was deployed to the Middle East, and Lee, who is back for a few weeks, is trying to get her stuff in order before being deployed again for an entire year!

Military life.
Military family.
It sucks sometimes, but if this is my chance of lifetime to go somewhere other than Florida, then let it be.

I'm going to be doing some serious driving and truth be told, I am terrified.
Then again, my kids and I really need this.
We seriously really do.

Sigh. Now Mom wants to go.
Triple sigh.

Ok.
Let's do this.
I gotta go pack.