Sunday, June 6, 2010

Arthur Blessitt


Last night I decided to spend the night at my parent's house, and right as I was getting ready for bed my mother walks in and tells me that she wants to share something.
She was holding a picture of a man who was carrying a cross.
I learned last night that this guy's name is Arthur Blessitt.

She told me that when I was two months old I, once more, had blood issues and had to be admitted to children's hospital in New York. The doctors told my parents that the prognosis was bad.
Parents were not allowed to be with their infants in neonatal ICU so my parents decided to literally spend the night walking all over Time Square.
That's when they saw this dude carrying a cross and talking to a group of people on the street.

I have never heard of this man until last night.

Mom told me that this sir walked up to them and told them that G-d had very important plans for me and that I would be out of the ICU the next day. He also told them that I would have to endure many things but that it all was part of a greater purpose. He prayed with them, told them to go home and sleep and be at peace.

My parents took me home the next day like he said.

As my mom showed me this guy's pic... an old man with a cross, I wondered if he was still alive. The pic I posted on here is from the 70's, so this is what he probably looked like when my parents met him.
Now I am doing a google search and it looks like he carried that cross for 40 years!
I am 39 so he must have been on his second year of carrying that cross around when he found my parents roaming through the city. I was born in May of 1971, so he must have met my parents right before leaving for Europe. (I read a bit of his bio online)
Wow.
Amazing, isn't it?
I'll read more on his testimony when I go home.
Interesting.
I just wish I had known about their experience a lot sooner.
Endure many things?
No kidding!!!
My parents keep too much information to themselves... lol.
Maybe they had forgotten about it until they saw his picture on one of those Christian magazines. Who knows, right?

Wow... just found out about his divorce.
Oh well. Too bad he became and ageist later on and decided to leave his wife at the age of 49 so that he could marry a 29 year old Brit.
He dumped his wife and his 6 children for a younger woman, because according to him, "It's what G-d wanted for him at the time".
Geez. Are you serious?
Middle aged men... always trying to prove their virility.
LOL!
I'm sure that at this point G-d forgave him, but I'm sure it wasn't without consequence.
My goodness.
You see? That's why I don't even bother with trying to date. It's not worth it.
I'll keep G-d as my husband, thank you very much.
HaShem doesn't have those issues. LOL.

It's rather sad to see husbands leaving their wives for younger gals, and wives leaving their husbands for younger men. Kind of sick, I think.
In the end of all that infatuation, the children are left to suffer the split.

There are mistakes people can't afford to make once they have children. My goodness.
If men were how the Bible says they should be, then I wouldn't have a problem with giving myself a chance at having a relationship. I don't have an issue with submitting to a husband because on the contrary, I'm as submissive as they come. G-d knows that.
It's just that the issues surrounding middle aged men are way too many.
Mid life crisis is no joke...
seriously!

It is as real as it gets and to see so many men of G-d go through it when they already have loving wives and wonderful children is just gripping.
This Arthur Blessitt was used by G-d in wonderful ways, but to think that he left a wife and six children to marry someone younger totally wrecks his testimony.
Very sad.

Sigh.
The other night I was telling G-d that if loneliness was to eventually become an issue in the future that I wouldn't mind getting married to someone with one eye on his forehead or antennas on his head.

Love and growing old together.
Where did all that go?