Saturday, June 12, 2010

O Positive: High Protein Diet



According to the diet my doctor handed me (which was put together by a Dr. Michael Lam, MD, MPH), I can ONLY eat the following in order to get my heart back on track. My blood is O positive and here is my "blood type" diet:

PROTEIN
Beef, Lamb, Mutton (what in the world is that?), Veal, Venison
Cod, Herring, Mackerel

CANNOT EAT: Pork (I don't anyways), Barracuda, Catfish, Salmon (Excuse me?), Caviar, Octopus, Conch

DAIRY

NONE WHATSOEVER!
Only real butter and soy milk are allowed on my diet.
No dairy... no ice cream... no yogurt...no milk... zero dairy!!!

FAT

Olive Oil and Flaxseed Oil. That's it.

NUTS

ONLY Pumpkin Seeds and Walnuts

BEANS

Aduke, Azuki, Pinto and Black Eyed

GRAINS

NO WHOLE WHEAT PRODUCTS AT ALL!!! THEY COULD KILL ME.
I can only bake and consume Ezequiel Bread and Essene Bread

VEGETABLES

ONLY Kale, collard greens, romaine lettuce, broccoli, spinach, artichoke, chicory, dandelion, garlic, horseradish, leek, okra, onions, parsley (Baruch HaShem!), parsnips, red peppers, sweet potatoes (no white ones AT ALL), pumpkin, seaweed (Who lives in a Pineapple under the sea?!?!) and turnips.

SPICES

Oh Dios mio... kelp based seasonings, iodized salt, parsley, curry, cayenne pepper.

BEVERAGES

Seltzer Water, Club Soda and Tea (Hallelujah... I am free to have teaaaaa!!!)


Can't have anything outside this list because my blood cannot handle anything else.
So... I can't have eggs for breakfast but I can have steak.
That's not so bad.

Alright.
Let's do some groceries.

Time to extend my life expectancy since all else has failed. Well, I take that back because G-d has NEVER failed me, but perhaps I am finally on the right track with relying on HIS natural foods to help with my condition.