Sunday, June 20, 2010

Toy Story, Thunderstorms and Blown Tires!

Toy Story 3 turned out pretty good. A bit bipolar... to the point where we were all laughing hysterically, then crying, then laughing a second later, then crying again, especially towards the end. Oh my gosh. EVERYONE was crying in the end! I could hear the people around me just sobbing, "mocos" and all! I was sobbing too, I must admit. Andy had to go to college and I sobbed even harder at the thought of my two kids... ok... I know it will happen one day, but I don't want to think about it yet.
I truly appreciate the one lady in the movie theater who passed the Kleenex box around! LOL! The place was packed with grown ups and quite a few college age kids! Claudia and I kept looking around, but found only a couple of toddlers.
Too funny.
Must add... couldn't get over the one creepy... oh my gosh! CREEPY as CREEPY can get bald baby doll. So glad I didn't take Emma to see it, because she has one JUST LIKE IT! Oh my gosh.

After the movie we decided to head out home but got caught in the middle of a torrential storm. A few minutes later we blew a tire in the middle of John Young Parkway and although we very scared, G-d took good care of us.
It was night time, it was storming, and we had no tire and no spare. I remembered that out of the goodness of my heart I had loaned it to someone in need and forgot to get it back.
Dumb one Rose.

My parents couldn't come and get us because my dad does not drive in bad weather and most of my friends are in Miami or overseas on vacation.
Somehow by the grace of G-d I managed to drive my car (thump, thump, thump) all the way to Esther Jerusalem's apartment. When Cuqui opened the door we were all drenched, and since I had to be at work by 6:45 a.m. and I was one hour away from home, we spent the night there. My kids crashed on an inflatable mattress and I fell asleep on the couch.
Tires are expensive. It was $89 for a new tire, and life goes on.
That's what I get for not joining Triple A (AAA).


Goodness.
Thank YOU Heavenly Abba for keeping us safe.